At Hotmail users need to login to Hotmail account using Email address/Phone number/Skype name and password. But if you forgot the password that was created by yourself for your Hotmail account then won’t be able to get access to your Hotmail account. If you want to know how to recover Hotmail account when you have forgotten or lost your Password, then follow the article.
If you want to recover your forgotten/lost/locked Hotmail account you will need,
☑ A smart device(Computer, mobile)
☑ Internet connection.
☑ Additional information about you(Email, Phone, etc.)
How to Recover Hotmail Account
To recover your Hotmail/Outlook account, you have to use this process on your any smart device.
Step 1: Firstly, open your web browser and log into your Hotmail account.
Step 2: Now, go to the official Hotmail reset password page.
Step 3: Select I forgot my password. Click Next.
Step 4: Enter the Email address of your Hotmail account. Give CAPTCHA(type the displayed characters). Click Next.
Step 5: Now read carefully,
- If you have a recovery email linked to your Hotmail email, select Email *****@example.com > Type the hidden part of Email address > click Send code. Then enter the send code and that’s all.
- If you don’t have any recovery email/phone number, select ‘I don’t have any of these’ > click Next. If you have already had a Code, then Enter your Code or if you don’t have any click No.Then enter another Email address of yours and click Next. Now Microsoft will send you a code, type the code and click Verify. Now provide all information as correct as possible.
Step 6: Set a new Password for your Hotmail account.
So, that’s how you can recover your Hotmail account if you have an issue related to Password.
Can’t Remember the Hotmail Address?
If you can’t remember the Email address of your Hotmail/Outlook account, then here are some clues that will help you to remember and find the Email address,
- Open a device that was used to browse your Email address.
- Ask your friends, family, teachers if they can remember.
- Check online and offline accounts that were linked to your Hotmail account.
- Ask your friend or family to check the inbox if you send them any emails.
- Check another Email account of yours that was linked to your Hotmail/Outlook account.
The Bottom Line
So, have you succeeded to recover your account? If not, then don’t forget to tell us. We will help you to solve your any problems. If you still can’t recover your Hotmail email account, you can call Hotmail team at +1-800-585-2494 as the last way.